Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Ebell Club Ball

In August I spent a month at the beach in Southern California. While there, my friend Katie invited me to be her guest at the Angels' Ball put on at the Ebell Club in Los Angeles. Last week I flew to LA to help Katie, this year's Ball chair, decorate this historic building for the annual event. Early Friday morning we drove to the flower mart downtown to purchase 20 dozen roses for dining room centerpieces. All day Friday she and I plus one other club member began the onerous task of decorating three huge rooms on the first floor of the building: the lounge, the art salon, and the dining room. Thankfully on Saturday we had four more people to help, as well as the Club staff. By 3:30 the place looked lovely and Katie and I went home to take hot baths and naps before dressing for the evening. The venue was lovely, the menu superb and the dancing delightful.

The gals: Katie Kate

The lounge:
Center table in the lounge

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wow! No grass growing under your feet! Sounds like a lot of hard work but a fun evening I'm sure.