Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's the week of my

so perhaps I am lucky this week. Last night an online bridge tournament director announced she would honor me Friday night dedicating her tournament to me. (That is NOT my birthday but apparently she will not direct the actual anniversary day.) Today I got an e-card from a friend--quite lovely. Snail mail brought me a card from my brother and UPS an Amazon package ostensibly from my younger son and his family, but I am superstitious so will not open either until the actual day.

This all reminds me of a story about my older son. Forgive me if I have written this before. He told me years ago after having ignored my birthday as well as Mother's Day that he thought my birthday was in May. My technologically advanced son did not have the sechel to put my birthday in his IPod or whatever electronic calendar was at his disposal. He had told me many years before that he believed "Mother's Day" was a Hallmark event and he would not "buy" into it. Okay on Mother's Day but MY birthday? It has been in April since I was born! So.....imagine my surprise when I sat waiting for movers to bring furniture to a home we had just bought on Capitol Hill: A woman rang the doorbell and presented me with a bouquet of flowers. What was the day? Mother's Day. Who were they from? Jonathan! Message said: "Congratulations on your new home."

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm waiting for the flowers from my genius son!

Happy birthday in advance! I hope you kick up your heels in celebration.