Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cleaning crew


I live alone. I entertain occasionally. Each evening before I go to bed I pick up any "mess" I may have made during the day, empty the waste baskets and place any glassware or snack bowls into the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full I run it. So why, you may ask, do I have these every two weeks?

I have some "disposable income." Not much, but ever since I started full-time work after getting my degree (1984), I have had someone clean my house. At first there were two teenage boys in in a large house, my husband and I were both working, and I did not want to spend my weekends cleaning. Now I am spoiled and wondering why I still feel a bit guilty every two weeks!

"Get over it, Kate!"

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Never feel guilty. It's money well spent. And it supports the economy!