Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"The False Modesty Movement"

Sunday my daughter-in-law hosted a party celebrating my son Adam's birthday and welcoming their friends to their new home. Lots of wonderful food and drinks marked the occasion and about 5 hours into the celebration Adam opened presents from family and friends. Some cool fuzzy dice and green-tinted sunglasses were a big hit, but Adam received many nice gifts and two copies of the same book: The Dangerous Book for Boys. Anne K. Ream's column in today's LA Times mentions it. I encourage you all to read her column from the link on my blog's title this morning. Perhaps my daughter-in-law and I can write the parallel book for their daughter/my granddaughter. Something like The Challenging Book for Girls, perhaps?

1 comment:

beanblossom said...

Love to! Let's get on it...
:)