Sunday, July 15, 2007

Saving my back

After several years of sitting in an uncomfortable desk chair at home while on the computer, I finally "bit the bullet" and bought a new one today at Office Max. The one I had chosen had a price tag of $129 which is not a lot, I suppose.....but at the cash register I learned it was 50% off!

Of course, "assembly required" is de rigeur at places like this. They will deliver and assemble your furniture purchases for some ungodly amount (greater than the cost of the chair) so I opted to do it myself. I am proud to say I assembled it in less than 30 minutes. I am sitting in it as I compose this and it has not collapsed yet.

3 comments:

Bob said...

my what a handy little thing you are....

Barbara said...

A small price to pay for a healthy back!

Kate said...

Not really, Bob. I just followed the instructions (an interesting idea I know) and, for a change, all the necessary pieces were in the carton.

:)