Monday, April 09, 2007

Pneumonia and the office


I have been sick since 3/29. Started with stomach and quickly progressed into bronchitis, then bronchial pneumonia. Today was my first day back at work. I lasted 5 hours which was a couple more than I thought would happen, but I pushed it. Now I am home, going to bed for a while, hoping to make it a longer day tomorrow. I refuse to have a relapse so I will not push too hard. Stress over my changing situation, a woman at work who refuses to stay home when she is ill -- both seemed to conspire to lay me low. The dog in the picture feels worse than I do....at least my fever is down and the coughing jags have abated. But I must say that other than 5 or 6 years ago when I had a raging fever for more than a week, I have not felt more physically challenged than with this siege.

Thank you, my friends and colleagues, who have helped me out during this down period in my life. You are all dear and cheered me up no end.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Sorry to hear this flu has dragged on for so long, dragging you down with it. You have to muster your energy to retire and move west!