Sunday, March 04, 2007

Retirement

I spent the past week in Arizona, northwest of Phoenix, looking for a new home. I saw this one the second day.

Never one to make a hasty decision I continued to look for the next couple of days. On Thursday I made an offer, was countered, and finally settled on a price and conditions that were satisfactory. My friend Pat & I compared each home we saw to this one, as we dragged the real estate agent around to 50 or so homes in the area.

Features I really loved were the breakfast nook overlooking the patio
and the beautiful enclosed sun room, known as an Arizona room, of course! After all this is not Florida or California, where the same room carries the state name!



The house sits on a corner lot with lots of grass (maintained by the HOA) and a huge grapefruit tree in the backyard.

I feel very comfortable with my decision and the home will be mine when escrow closes on May 16.

Today I met with my VA realtor who will list my Falls Church condo with MLS tomorrow. All in all, a wonderful week exploring the area where I will be living come June. Icing on the cake was an upgrade to first class coming home yesterday. I think I should have bought a lottery ticket!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Congrats to the new happy homeowner! Now I have a stop in Arizona if I decide to do some cross-country traveling.

Kate said...

Don't "decide".......just do it! You and David are always welcome......special room just for you!